CMHD Pathology Services
We offer extensive technical and scientific expertise to support the pathology requirements of scientists with expert, consistent, and timely results. State-of-the-art technology and equipment, standardization of procedures, and dedicated expertise in the pathology of genetically-engineered mouse (GEM) models ensures consistently high quality results.
As a GLP-compiant pathology laboratory we provide detailed anatomic pathology including macroimaging and organ morphometry. Our protocols are based on the individual requirements of each GEM model or model system.
- routine post-mortem examination that includes a complete physical exam of live and euthanized animals, collection of appropriate samples for additional analysis (e.g. blood for CBC), a systematic necropsy, and recovery of any gross lesions for histologic or molecular evaluation
- complete post-mortem examination that includes a routine post-mortem plus gross CNS evaluation and digital macroimaging of any significant gross findings
- system-specific post-mortem examination that provides necropsy and tissue recovery of a specific system(s) as requested by the submitting researcher
As a GLP compliant histology laboratory, we provide a full range of histology services which include experienced handling, processing, cutting and staining of all frozen and paraffin embedded tissue
- We specialize in adult and embryonic tissue from GEM mouse models of human disease, but also offer our full range of histology services for veterinary (all species), and synthetic and industrial materials research
- Our techniques include over 80 special histochemical stains, immunohistochemistry, and in situ hybridization. Our technologists will provide consultation, expertise, and recommendations for all of your histology research requirements.
We use Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) for isolation and purification of RNA and DNA from captured cells.
We provide specialized diagnostic and research histopathology of all organ systems in GEM models.
- Juvenile and adult mouse tissue phenotype investigation and characterization
- morphologic studies in oncogene or tumor suppression models
- morphologic studies in aging
- morphologic studies in toxicity or infectious disease
Embryonic Lethal or Neonatal death
We provide detailed investigation of in utero death and neonatal mortality associated with gene manipulation that can include:
- timed-pregnancy with pre-determined embryo collection
- gross and histological evaluation of organogenesis
- comprehensive histopathology, diagnosis, and description of developmental defects
For further information or to request the service please contact
Lily Morikawa, MLT
Manager, Pathology Core
Centre for Modeling Human Disease
Toronto Centre for Phenogenomics
25 Orde Street
Toronto Ontario M5T 3H7 Canada
Tel direct: 647-837-4341
Tel lab: 416-586-4800 x2243